The holidays are arriving. Breakfast pizza is great for a crowd or a hungry few. You can prepare the dough, meats and shred your cheese the night before. Wake up and throw it together the next day. For this pizza I use my cast iron or stainless steel skillet. You can do any combination of meats/veggies you want. We generally do sausage and Canadian bacon for the meat combo. Bacon is also a nice touch.
Preheat oven to 475 degrees
4 pieces of bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
4 pieces of Canadian bacon, cut in quarters (I use ham too, cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
3-4 ounces ground breakfast sausage (or 4-5 breakfast sausage links)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green or red bell pepper, chopped
1-2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon butter, softened to brush over pizza dough
Mozzarella, Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (1-2 cups depending on size of pizza)
1. Fry bacon until crisp, remove from fry pan with slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
2. Fry sausage until done, also remove from fry pan and place on paper towel.
3. Whisk eggs with 2 Tablespoons milk.
4. Spread pizza dough in greased stainless steel or cast iron skillet. (you could use a 9×13 pan too. It has to have some edging so the egg doesn’t drip off the top. I’ve done that, it makes a mess!)
5. Brush dough with softened or melted butter.
6. Top pizza dough with sausage, onion, pepper, bacon, Canadian bacon, pour egg mixture over the meat and add cheese of your choice. (I also put a little salt and pepper on top of the toppings before placing cheese on top.)
7. Bake 20-30 minutes or until bottom crust is golden brown. (Be sure to check the bottom of pizza and see that it is lightly browned.)
That is it. You will really enjoy this pizza. Simple and delicious!