To make this fruit pizza really easy you could use a pre-made sugar cookie product. I don’t do that but I use this Sugar Cookie recipe:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or 2 sticks, softened
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together
3. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until combined
4. Spread the dough (about 1/8″ thick) onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I just press down with my hands.
5. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes
6. Take out and let cool on cookie rack
While the big cookie is baking and cooling you can make the topping.
1 8oz package of softened cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix this together. Prepare fruit of your choice. When big cookie is cooled, top with cream cheese mixture, then top with fruit. If you use bananas or apples which will brown you can use this glaze. 1/2 cup of preserves/jam & 1 Tablespoon of water. Warm up on the stove in small pan. When mixed together, brush on the fruit that will brown. I made this recipe tonight. It is quick and painless, simple and delicious!