These cookies are a favorite in our family for the Holidays. They take no time at all!
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until blended together.
- When mixed, divide dough and place in separate bowls. Add food coloring for a festive look. I use red and green. (I do not totally blend the colors together. I like to have the buttery color from the dough also.)
- I use my cookie press, alternating red & green dough. (If you do not have a cookie press you can roll into a 1 inch ball, flatten and place on ungreased cookie sheet.)
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until light, golden brown on bottom.