- The crockpot was invented in 1971.
- The crockpot cooks on low at 160 degrees.
- The crockpot cooks on high at 190 to 200 degrees (always below boiling).
- Crockpots come in different sizes from 1 pint to 7 quarts.
- Crockpots use as much electricity as a lightbulb.
How about some tips:
- No matter how tempting DON’T lift the lid while it’s cooking (unless the recipe calls for stirring). Lifting the lid will enable heat to escape.
- Ground meats should be browned and drained first.
- One hour on high equals 2-2 1/2 hours on low.
- Always thaw meat before placing in crockpot.
- If you live in high altitude (Scott and Kathleen), cook for an additional 30 minutes for each hour of cooking time that the recipe calls for.
I have a beautiful crockpot and definitely don’t use it as often as I should. Anyone have some decent crockpot recipes? If you do I would love for you to share them or the link to get the recipe. Maybe I will get inspired for some Simple and Delicious recipes! Ciao!!