I am sorry I didn’t take any photos for this recipe. When I make it again I will post some photos. As always I used my food processor for this recipe. This pizza crust has a nice flavor and bakes really well.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (compliments Food Network)
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Proof yeast in lukewarm water. (I add a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to the yeast and water). Proofing is when there are foamy bubbles on top. This takes about 5-8 minutes.
2. While yeast is proofing add all dry ingredients to food processor. Mix the olive oil, honey and salt together then add to food processor.
3. Add yeast mix to food processor. Mix for about 45-60 seconds. The dough forms a ball above the blade. Remove dough to a large oiled bowl. (I used olive oil.) Cover with plastic wrap and put in warm place. (The microwave is a great place for pizza dough to rise) Let rise about 45 minutes.
4. Punch dough down. I form it into a large ball and cut in half. I then form each piece of dough into a ball and place in a Pam sprayed gallon plastic ziploc bag. Place the dough balls in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. (I did it overnight) When you are ready to use bring the dough to room temperature.
5. On a floured surface stretch each ball into a 10-12 inch circle. Top with your choice of toppings. Place in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and there is your simple and delicious pizza!