I had someone mention to me I should try some egg bakes. This peaked my interest and I have been trying to find some recipes. A friend sent me a recipe which looked yummy. After looking at that recipe I decided to wing it and just make it up as I went along. This was fun and easy to make. Here we go!
Breakfast Egg Bake
1 1/2 cups leftover fried potatoes (I had some leftover fried potatoes. This is what got me started!)
1 cup diced ham
1 red pepper
1 small onion
1 pie crust (premade, I used Pillsbury)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar/monteray jack
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Put vegetable oil in frying pan and saute the red pepper and onion for 3-5 minutes.
2. Whisk together the 6 eggs and sour cream
3. Put pie crust in ungreased 9″ pie dish (I used glass)
4. Mix together the whisked eggs, onion, red pepper, potatoes and ham. Pour into pie dish. Top with the cheese.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
This was awesome! I would definitely make this again. I think the potatoes really added to it. (Now I know what to do with leftover potatoes.) It was also quick to make.