Another Friday come and gone. We had a lot of fun last night. Our appetizers were Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Cream Crackers , Pork Egg Rolls and Shrimp with cocktail sauce (I made that last week). I made a cheese pizza because everyone is guaranteed to enjoy it. 😉 (I also made Deviled Eggs but added too much salt and sadly threw those out. Ooops! ) No complaints here tonight everything was gobbled up. I made the dip and the pork egg roll mix the night before. That makes my life easier on Fridays! Here is the recipe for the dip:
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen spinach, chopped & steamed (I used 8 oz fresh spinach. I put in boiling water for 30 seconds and that was it!)
1/4 cup mayonaise (do not use Miracle Whip for this recipe)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (I used a 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Romano Cheese (I used 1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic (I used 2)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (I used 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Mozzarella
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
2. Cream together mayo, Parmesan (you could just use Parmesan, you don’t have to use Romano), Romano cheese, garlic, basil, and salt. Mix well.
3. Add the artichoke hearts and spinach (be sure to drain well. I dried with paper towels and squeezed the water out of it too).
4. Store in a container until you are ready to use.
5. Spray 9″ pie plate (I used glass) with non stick cooking spray, pour in dip and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is browned.
7. Serve with toasted bread, crackers, chips, whatever your little heart desires.
It is Simple and Deeeelish!