For Whatever Friday we decided to have a bacon day. Here is the recipe I made this evening. Tomorrow I will post my other recipes. I thought these were great. Chocolatey and salty, my new favorite combo! Don’t forget the sea salt before putting them in the oven. It makes a difference. Enjoy this very simple and delicious recipe!
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
(with some changes, which are noted)
adapted from I Am a Food Blog
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup plus 3 Tablespoons butter at room temperature (I did 3/4 cup butter)
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I did 2 teaspoons)
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (I used Green & Black’s Organic – Dark Chocolate BAr 85% Cocoa. I got this for a gift and wanted to use it for something special. This was the right recipe to try it. You can use any chocolate you want)
8 slices of bacon, finely chopped then pan-fried until crispy and drained on paper towels
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Drop in the chocolate and bacon and incorporate. Refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. (I did not refrigerate)
4. When ready to bake, Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 6 3 1/2 ounce mounds of dough (the size of large golf balls) onto the baking sheet leaving ample space between cookies. (I used a Tablespoon measurement, size of small golf ball)
5. Sprinkle cookies with a touch of sea salt.
6. Bake until golden brown but still soft, 13-15 minutes.
7. Cool on sheet for 10 minutes then move to rack to cool until you are read to enjoy!