I was very lazy today when I came home from work. I picked up lunch meat and rolls for a quick sandwich. I always like to have a warm meal at dinner. I decided to make a very quick soup. It definitely took under an hour and it was as always – Simple and Delicious!
Fast Vegetable Soup
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 medium potatoes. chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium carrot, sliced
1 can kidney beans, not drained
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to sauce pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery and carrot, saute until onions are opaque. Add garlic until aromatic, about 1 minute.
2. Add kidney beans, potatoes and mix together
3. Add chicken broth and water
4. Add the frozen corn, peas and parsley
5. Simmer for 30 minutes and ALL DONE!
That was it and it went very well with our sandwiches. Hope you enjoy!