I was going to go grocery shopping tonight. Well, it started to snow and I had Martin’s car. I am not driving that little red car on snowy, icy roads. So, I ended up going home. I decided I wanted to make some comfort food. I had all the ingredients for mac and cheese. I have used this recipe for years. It is really easy and can be made in under an hour. What more could you ask for? Tomorrow, grocery shopping!
Macaroni and Cheese
1 small onion, chopped
4 Tablespoons butter (I use unsalted)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to your liking
1 3/4 cup half and half (You can use milk)
2 cups of grated cheese (I use 4-5 cups) This time I used 2 cups cheddar, 1 cup monterey jack and 2 cups gouda. 🙂
1# macaroni (I use elbow or small shells)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Also, cook your pasta. I tend to cook al dente. The pasta will cook more while baking.
2. Using a medium size saucepan, over low heat melt butter. Add chopped onion, over medium heat, cook until opaque (about 5 minutes)
3. Add flour and mix together. Then add half and half, bring to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
4. Add cheese and remove from heat. Stir until cheese has melted.
5. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with Pam. (This makes easier cleaning. If you don’t have Pam you can skip this step or use butter)
6. Bake for 30 minutes. That is it! Simple and very Delicious!!