Martin loves this soup. He requested this for Pizza Sunday this week. He enjoys it with some fresh homemade bread (YUM) or a loaf of Village Hearth white bread (not so YUM). Quite the extreme, huh?! This is also a great soup for the summer. Summer is almost here, right?!
1-2 cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and diced or grated. (I don’t totally deseed, but cut most off. I also dice the cucumbers vs grate.)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups greek yogurt (not low fat, no fat, use the real stuff please)
1 cup water
2 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 Tablespoon oil (I use vegetable, olive or sunflower oil depending on what is in the pantry)
1. Mash the garlic and salt together
2. Add cucumbers, garlic and salt mixture to large bowl. Mix together.
3. Add yogurt to above and mix together
4. Add water. Depending on your preference for thickness you may want to add more than 1 cup. It should be the consistency of whole milk
5. Add dill and season with more salt to your taste.
6. Serve chilled.
Enjoy this Simple and Delicious Summer soup!