As you all know I ask everyone what they want for Pizza Friday. I love making anything, anyone wants. I have been requesting a dessert suggestion lately. It is nice to have something sweet after all that pizza, right?! This week Martin suggested something with bananas, chocolate and peanut butter. I told him that sounded kind of yucky. He thought I was crazy. I resisted but came home and checked for some recipes. I thought I would try a variation of this recipe and see what they think. A couple of things; I ended up making 2 batches of the peanut butter mix and chocolate. I used bittersweet chocolate the first time and milk chocolate next. I am looking forward to tomorrow to see which chocolate goes over the best.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
3 medium bananas (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I used Ghiaradelli bittersweet chocolate chips)
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together confectioners sugar, peanut butter and heavy cream. Put in a mixture in a sandwich size ziploc bag and snip a corner.
3. Top peanut butter mix on top of banana slices.
4. Melt 2 ounces of chocolate in double boiler or place chocolate in bowl set in pan with about 2 inches of water. Melt chocolate, remove from heat and add the remaining 2 ounces of chocolate to the bowl. Stir constantly until blended together.
5. Now the tricky part. I used a spoon and put chocolate on top of peanut butter and spread around the banana.(I know I was kind of sloppy. The more I did the less messy it was.) **When I woke up the next morning to check on my little treats I did not like that I didn’t chocolatize the entire bite. I flipped them over, melted some semi sweet chocolate,covered the entire treat and topped with just a little sea salt. Much betterer!** 😀 (I am aware I used 2 words that aren’t words for the grammar police!)
6. Put in refrigerator to set. You can eat pretty quickly or save for the next day to serve on YOUR Pizza Friday!
We will see if these are a hit or miss tomorrow. I tried one and thought they were quite tasty. I will check back tomorrow to let you know how the rest of the crew likes them. ** The Pizza Friday crew ate every single one.**Another Simple and Delicious sweet treat!!