Kent suggested a Seafood Pizza a couple of weeks ago. He rarely suggests anything for me to make so I thought I would take him up on it. He wanted shrimp and crabmeat. I checked around online and we ended up agreeing on an alfredo sauce. So, here is how I put together this Seafood Pizza.
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Salt and Pepper
1 cup small shrimp (I bought frozen, cooked, deveined, tails removed)
1 cup crabmeat (I bought the fake stuff, sorry!)
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan with olive oil over medium/low heat
2. Add garlic & cream and bring to a simmer. Stir often.
3. Add the parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and smooth. (You may want to add salt and pepper to taste. I know I did.)
4. When sauce has thickened, add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY.
5. After the sauce has thickened, remove from heat.
6. Spread about 1 cup of alfredo sauce on pizza dough.
7. Top with shrimp and crabmeat, add small amount of mozzarella cheese, top with fresh parsley
8. Pop in oven at 500 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Kent and Rachel really enjoyed this pizza. I had left over Alfredo sauce and was able to use that this week for a quick dinner; add spaghetti and shrimp to this sauce. VOILA, another Simple and Delicious pizza AND left over meal!