I make this recipe ALL the time. I make them as cookies or as a bar cookie. I have never posted it because I thought it would be silly to post a simple Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I decided I enjoy posting what I make/bake and since we have these in our home on a regular basis why not share the recipe. It is the one on the back for the Ghirardelli chocolate chip bag. Of course, Simple and Delicious. Need I say more!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (I use light or dark, whatever is in my cupboard)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
12 ounce bag chocolate chips (I generally use the milk chocolate chips. I also use a combo of milk, semi sweet and bittersweet. That is especially delicious.)
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix first three ingredients until creamy and pale yellow. Add eggs and vanilla, blend well.
3. Add dry ingredients, mix together.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix into batter by hand.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. I generally turn the cookies around at the half way point. That way they bake evenly.
I know everyone has a chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is my go to recipe, hands down, any day of the week. Enjoy!