Every Sunday I make dinner for all of us. It is very informal. I like informal. No pressure. That is what weekends are for!! Sometimes Eric & Rachel, Martin & Martin, Lily & Paige show up, sometimes they don’t. Eric shows up most Sundays. 🙂 Just depends on what they are up to. Needless to say I always have a family meal on Sunday, no matter who is here! I decided to make these Chicken Parmesan Sliders. I also made the Chick Fil A sandwich along with it. They were both big hits. I used 2 different kinds of rolls. I bought the Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter Dinner Rolls as the recipe suggested. I also made the hamburger/dinner rolls I previously posted. The home made buns won the taste test. Here is the recipe for the Chicken Parmesan Sliders.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
(compliments of The Slow Roasted Italian)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 chicken breasts (1 1/4# total), cut into 1/2 inch steaks (I pounded the chicken to 1/2 inch)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup marinara sauce (I used my tomato sauce recipe, always have that on hand!)
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter Dinner Rolls
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Place rolls on a cutting board, using a serrated knife, cut rolls in half lengthwise. Open rolls and place tops on one side of the baking sheet and bottoms on the other side, cut side up.
2. Melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl, stir in garlic powder. Brush butter on cut side of bread. Bake bread for 8-10 minutes until bread is lightly golden brown.
3. Prepare chicken by slicing the thickest part of the breast about 1/2 inch thick. (As I mentioned, I pounded the breasts to 1/2 inch thick). Cut the breasts into pieces that will fit on the rolls.
4. Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle all of the chicken with salt and pepper. (I put the 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl. I now use this combination on all of my meats. This is a perfect amount and great seasoning. No flavoring is as simple as salt and pepper!)
5. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes each side.
6. Remove bread from oven. Carefully remove top halves of rolls and place on plate. Set aside. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the bottom halves. Top with cooked chicken pieces. Drizzle each chicken piece with 1 Tablespoon of sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
8. Place top halves back on chicken. Serve and enjoy!
This was simple and very delicious. Huge hit here. Give it a try!!