I found this recipe online, of course. I love it. Here goes;
7 cups all purpose flour
2 packages active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water, 110 degrees (I don’t check the temp. I use warm water from faucet.)
1 Tablespoon salt
1 slightly beaten egg
1 Tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees
2. I use my stand up mixer for this recipe with the bread dough hook.
3. In mixer bowl add 3 cups of flour and yeast
4. Combine the water and salt. Mix until salt dissolves. Add to bowl with flour and yeast. Mix together on medium speed.
5. Add the remaining flour and mix on medium speed. I mix for 4-5 minutes.
6. Take dough out of bowl and shape into a ball. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning once to coat the surface of the dough. Cover and let rise until doubled. (about an hour)
7. After first rise, punch down and cut the dough in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take each dough and roll out into a 12×15 rectangle. Roll dough tightly from long side of rectangle, sealing as you roll. Taper the ends of the loaf. Top with egg/water wash.
8. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise again for 20-60 minutes)
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes. After that you will have a simple and delicious bread!
Sometimes I will make one loaf of bread and take the other dough and make dinner rolls. Believe me this bread gets eaten in this household!!