I am experimenting with candy recipes this holiday season. Everyone in this house enjoys chocolate and peanut butter. I found this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It takes 15 minutes, tops. You need to try this. Myself, Rachel and Martin2 really enjoyed it. Eric said it was okay (thought it was kind of grainy). Not sure what Lily or Martin thought of this one. I will know tomorrow night for sure. Needless to say 3 of us could eat the whole 8×8 dish of it so I would say it is a winner. Simple (simpler than simple) and Delicious!
Much Too Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided
2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoonvanilla extract
1. Line an 8×8 inch dish with parchment paper (I used a glass baking dish)
2. In a medium sized pan (I used a stainless steel pan), stir together the chocolate chips, 2 Tablespoons butter, 1 cup sweetened condensed milk and pinch of salt until all the chocolate chips have melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Remove from heat. (this takes no time at all!)
3. In a small sauce pan (stainless steel again) stir together the peanut butter chips, remaining sweetened condensed milk and 1 teaspoon butter until all the peanut butter chips have melted. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan. Using spatula, smooth out the top until level. Drop the dish from 1 inch high, 2-3 times to release air bubbles.
5. Dollop the peanut butter mixture evenly across the chocolate. Using butter knife, swirl the peanut butter into the chocolate.
6. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 3 hours. After 3 hours carefully pull the parchment paper up and remove the fudge from the pan. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (If it lasts!)