I checked with Eric today to see if he would like any cookies made for Sunday dinner. Everyone else had stuff going on and he and Rachel were popping over. I like it when they give me different food ideas. He said he wanted Brownie Cookies. I checked around and found a recipe at Food Network that I thought I would try. Here is this very simple and delicious recipe.
6 oz or 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
6 oz or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
8 Tablespoons (1/2 cup) softened butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 oz or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I did not use nuts)
Directions -Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Place bittersweet and semisweet chocolate in top of double broiler. Add softened butter. Stir until melted. Take off heat and set aside to cool.
2. Using an electric mixer (I did not use my stand up mixer), beat the eggs and vanilla until frothy. Add 1 cup of sugar gradually until the mixture ribbons off the beaters. Add the cooled chocolate and stir to combine.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the milk chocolate chips and nuts (if using). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator to chill.
4. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (I LOVE parchment paper!)
5. Scoop up dough and roll into ball the size of a walnut. Place on prepared cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 12 minutes. I time 6 minutes and then turn the cookie sheet around. Bake for 6 more minutes. The top of the cookies will look dry and cracked like a brownie. Take out to cool.
We loved these cookies. Even Kent liked them Not too chocolatey but definitely a yummy brownie cookie!! Simple and Delicious!!