I have made this cheesecake for years. Everyone loves this cheesecake especially Kent (my hubby), and two of my sons Eric and Martin. Oh and me too 😉 Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
1 3/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 packages Cream Cheese (I use Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you are ready to make the cake)
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs (cold, take them out when you are ready to use them)
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I use a springform pan for my cheesecakes. .
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter (I only use butter) and 1/4 cup the sugar. Press firmly onto bottom and up the side of the pan. Put in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Take out to cool.
3. Beat cream cheese, remaining 1 cup sugar and the vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. (I use my stand up mixer)
4. Add cold eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
5. Add sour cream and fold in to mixture with a spatula or wooden spoon. Pour into crust.
6. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off oven – Don’t try to make a shortcut and skip this step. Just saying 🙂 Leaving door slightly ajar, leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour.
7. Remove from oven; cool completely and the refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and top with your favorite topping.
We like a plain cheesecake. This cheesecake is simple, although it takes time, and extremely delicious.