These cookies are a favorite in our home. The Martin’s really love them! I got this recipe from Epicurious many years ago. December 29, 2007 to be exact! As always they are simple and delicious!
Peanut Butter Cookies
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
1 cup of creamy or chunky peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural Creamy or Chunky. Generally I use creamy.)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup golden brown sugar (Sometime I use dark brown sugar. Depends on what is in my cupboard!)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs (I always use large eggs. Never medium, jumbo, small…large only. Believe it or not it does make a difference.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream peanut butter, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. (I use my stand up mixer. You can use an electric mixer or by hand.) Beat in both sugars.
3. Stir in 1/2 dry ingredients. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
4. For each cookie roll into a ball about 1 3/4 inch in diameter. Using back of fork, flatten dough balls and form a crosshatch design on the tops.
5. Bake cookies until dry on top and golden brown on the bottom. About 12-14 minutes. I rotate the cookie sheet halfway through baking time. (This makes an evenly baked cookie)
6. Cool cookies on baking sheet. These are a great cookie right out of the oven!!
Whenever I bake a batch of cookies I take half of them and put them in the freezer. That way when the kids pop in or Kent and I crave a sweet we don’t have far to go! There are always cookies in my freezer. I think every once in a while Eric (maybe Rachel too) may sneak over when we aren’t home and sneak a few. Hey, why not!! 😉