I wanted to bake something really quick today. I had some errands to run and wanted to bake something when I got home. Sunday is our dinner day. I must be prepared not only for dinner but for dessert. What would our Sunday be without something sweet! I posted on my facebook I was going to make Snickerdoodle Bars. I had a recipe I was thinking of using. My friend Jill asked if I wanted to use her recipe. Well, why not?! She has one she used from Six Sister’s Stuff blog. I thought I would use it too. I made a couple of small changes. I could’t resist! 😉 This recipe is more than Simple and extremely Delicious!!
2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups brown sugar (I used 1 cup dark and 1 cup light brown – that is what I had on hand.)
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1. Combine the butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. (I use my stand up mixer. You could do by hand or with electric mixer.)
2. Add in the dry ingredients
3. Spread in a greased 9×13 pan. The batter will be thick almost like a cookie mixture.
4. Combine the cinnamon topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when pressed. Once it cools, it will harden more.
This is a very quick recipe and is awesome. You will love it. Enjoy!!