This is a super simple and delicious recipe. I enjoy over pasta or as a pizza sauce. It takes no time to make. You will have dinner on the table under an hour!!
4 Tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use Romano, Parmigiana Reggiano, Grana Padano – whatever I have on hand)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (white pepper if you have it – I don’t)
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (if I have it I use it)
**Make you pasta (linguine, shells, whatever you like) while you are preparing the sauce. It is best to have the pasta ready when the sauce is done.**
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat
2. Add the garlic, cream and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer.
3. Stir often – 4-5 minutes. It will cook down and get thicker.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
5. Pour the sauce over pasta and serve.
Have any leftover sauce? Why not make a chicken alfredo pizza?