This is a pizza dough I use quite frequently. I make others too but this one makes a nice crust. It is my “go to” pizza dough! 🙂
1 3/4 cups water divided, 1/2 cup warm, remaining at tap temperature
2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast (1 envelope)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Measure 1/4 cup of warm tap water into 2-cup measuring cup. Sprinkle in yeast; let stand until yeast dissolves and swells, about 5 minutes.
2. Add remaining 1/4 cup warm tap water plus remaining 1 1/4 cups(not warm, not cold) tap water and olive oil.
3. While yeast is brewing, pulse flour and salt in food processor fitted with steel blade to combine.
4. Add liquid ingredients to flour and pulse together until forms into ball, this takes 30-60 seconds.
5. Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface; knead by hand with a few strokes to form smooth, round ball.
6. Put dough into medium-large, oiled bowl, and cover with damp cloth. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours. (Slice dough in half. This is enough dough for 2 pizzas or 1 really big one! Bake your pizza!!) OR
7. I make this dough during the week. I cut the ball in half or thirds and put each ball in a gallon storage bag sprayed with Pam and put in refrigerator. I pull out of refrigerator about 2 hours before I need to use it. Pizza anytime day or night! This works perfectly. This is a really nice dough. Simple and Delicious!!