I was checking out my blog today. I have some cleaning up to do as some of my posts lost the photos. I didn’t realize how many pizza, dinner, cookie, cake and more recipes I have on here!! I decided to start checking my blog for recipes to see if I can improve them or if they are delicious just the way they are. Today I decided to try the steak pizza with a slightly different twist than the first one I made. I also will be making a chicken pot pie and working on some cookies to send to my nephew for his birthday. So, I shall start with Steak Pizza II. I enjoyed my slice of pizza today. Here is how simple it is to make a delicious pizza;
Steak Pizza II
1-small red onion, sliced thin (I used 1/2 of the onion, it was large)
1-small red pepper, sliced thin (I used 1/2 of the red pepper, it was also quite large – mutant peppers!)
1-Steak, fried and sliced thin (You could grill or broil, however you like your steak cooked. We like NY Strip)
2 slices of provolone cheese, cut in 1/2 inch strips
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Steak seasoning (I make my own. I also enjoy McCormick Montreal Seasoning.)
Base for Pizza
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1. I fried my steak using my cast iron skillet. Place 1 Tablespoon of canola oil in the skillet on medium high heat. Add the steak, fry on each side 5-7 minutes. Take out of skillet and let set for 5 minutes. Slice into strips and then bite size pieces.
2. For the base for the pizza, mix olive oil and garlic. Brush the pizza dough with this mix. Top with Steak Seasoning, basil and oregano.
3. Top with slices of steak. Add provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
4. Top with onions and pepper. Spread Parmesan cheese on top of onions and peppers.
5. Bake at 475 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
6. Chow down!