Jalapeno Popper Pizza. How does that sound to you? Martin2 makes Jalapeno Popper appetizers. We really enjoy those. Got me thinking that it would be quite tasty as a pizza. Checked online it looks like a few other people had the same idea. Thought it sounded delish and wanted to give it a try. Here goes!
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
1 1/2 – 2 cups jalapeno peppers (you can use fresh or pickled. I used pickled.)
1 small shallot, chopped (you could use a red onion too)
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
5 pieces bacon, crisp and chopped
6 ounce cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Pepper cheese
1. Fry bacon until crispy. Remove for fry pan and place on paper towel to drain.
2. Add chopped shallots to fry pan. Saute until opaque, about 5 minutes
3. Mix cream cheese, garlic and oregano together. Spread on 12 inch pizza dough.
4. Top pizza dough with Monterey Jack Pepper cheese, jalapeno peppers, shallots and bacon.
5. Bake at preheated 475 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Simple and Delicious!! Enjoy!!