I had bananas on my kitchen table looking a little sad. I thought I could make banana bread but that is boring. What about a banana cake?! This cake is so moist you will be so amazed. You have to give this a try. Cakes are so simple to make and take no time at all. PLEASE make this cake. Way better than banana bread. You will thank me for this simple and delicious cake!! We ALL loved this cake. 🙂
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
(version of this cake with some Dawn tweaks 😉 )
2 cups of mashed bananas (I used 4 very ripe bananas and put them in my food processor)
1/2 juice from fresh lemon
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (12 Tablespoons) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon buttermilk (or milk or sour cream)
Mix all of the above FROSTING ingredients together. I used my stand up mixer. Use whatever you want to use.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees (yes, 275 degrees)
2. Grease and flour 13×9 inch cake pan
3. In a small bowl or food processor, mash banana. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon to mashed banana.
4. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
5. In stand up mixer (or bowl with electric mixer) cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Beat eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
7. Beat in flour mix and buttermilk alternately.
8. Stir in banana mixture
9. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in 275 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Keep checking until toothpick or wood skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and immediately put in freezer (you do not have to cover or anything. Just put in the freezer. It’s okay!) for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist. REALLY!!
11. Make the frosting while the cake is in the freezer.
12. Spread frosting on cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
This cake is awesome. I promise. Simple and DEEEEEEElicious. Enjoy!!