There were some pears sitting in a bowl on the counter. I knew they were either going to be used or thrown out today. Waste not, want not. Why not make a Pear Bundt Cake? Simple and Delicious!!
Pear Bundt Cake
3 large pears, chopped (about 4 cups)
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 egg whites
2/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 cup chopped pecan
1. Combine pears and sugar. Let sit for one hour. (I did not let sit for one hour. I let sit for as long as it took to mix other ingredients)
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray.
3. Slightly beat egg whites and combine with oil.
4. In large bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
5. Add pecans to bowl with egg whites and oil. Add to pears and sugar. Mix together
6. Add pears, sugar, egg whites, oil and pecans to flour mixture. Blend together.
7. Pour batter into bundt cake pan. Bake in oven for one hour. (One hour was perfect.)
8. Take out of oven and cool for 10 minutes. Remove from cake pan. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. (You could use a glaze but I was too lazy!!)
This was a very moist cake. We all enjoyed this simple and delicious cake!!