I love the color yellow so anything with lemon works for me. Especially with a crumb topping and glaze. This is super simple and absolutely delicious!!
Lemon Crumb Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream (1 cup sour cream and omit buttermilk. I love the tang of buttermilk.)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (did I tell you I love lemon!)
Preheat oven 375 degrees
1. In a small bowl, mix crumb ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until eggs are frothy, about 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and oil, beat until creamy. Add sour cream and buttermilk, lemon peel, lemon juice and extracts, mix well.
3. Stir in dry ingredients until blended.
4. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Put 1 Tablespoon of crumb mixture on top. If you make a cake, top with all the crumb mixture.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
7. In a small pan over low heat whisk glaze ingredients until lumps from sugar are dissolved. Drizzle over warm muffins.
8. Eat immediately – YUM!! Simple and Delicious!!