I have been using Hershey’s Chocolate Cake recipe for years. I love it and whenever I want a quick, chocolate fix this is my go to recipe.
Hershey’s Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa (I used the dark chocolate cocoa)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease and flour the baking dish.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add boiling water. The batter will be thin.
5. Fill your baking dish; 13×9 cake pan or 2-9″ round cake pans or cupcake pan.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes if using 13×9 pan, 25-30 minutes for round pans and 20 minutes for cupcakes.
7. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
8. Frost or not.
Simple and Delicious. Enjoy!!