I am going to conquer Food Network 50 Cupcakes. I started with Snack Food Cupcake and my second one is Salted Caramel Toffee Cupcakes. Now that you know my goal is for cupcakes you will understand each week I will be posting a new cupcake flavor. Hope you enjoy our adventure! We sure are!!
Salted Caramel Toffee Cupcakes
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup toffee bits
Preheat oven 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. With electric mixer or in stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons vanilla.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup milk. When all blended mix on medium high speed until just combined.
6. Fold in toffee bits.
7. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops spring back, 20-25 minutes . Transfer to a rack and let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
1 stick softened butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
2 Tablespoons cocoa
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup caramel sauce
Combine all ingredients in food processor and mix until smooth. Voila, frosting!!