Paige’s birthday is tomorrow. I thought I would bake one of the cupcakes she marked up on the “50 Cupcakes” list to celebrate her special day.
Coconut White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract (if you don’t have just use 2 teaspoons of vanilla. That will be fine)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. With electric mixer or in stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons extract.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup coconut milk. When all blended mix on medium high speed until just combined.
6. Add white chocolate chips to batter and mix.
7. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops spring back, 20-25 minutes . Transfer to a rack and let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
1. Mix butter, sugar and salt on medium speed until creamy. About 3-5 minutes
2. Add rest of ingredients and beat on high 2-3 minutes.
3. Frost cupcakes, top with coconut and white chocolate chips.
Paige ended up bringing a Cinnamon Dulce de Leche cupcake home too. Wonder which one she liked the best?