Chris is having a birthday tomorrow. I asked her what she would enjoy for a cupcake and she said lemon. Who doesn’t love lemon?! I love lemon too!
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract (if you don’t have just use 2 teaspoons of vanilla. That will be fine)
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. With electric mixer or in stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons extract and 2 teaspoons lemon zest.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup milk. When all blended mix on medium high speed until just combined.
6. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops spring back, 20-25 minutes . Transfer to a rack and let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon extract (again, you can use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract if that is all you have. I love lemon!)
2 Tablespoons Milk
1/2 cup lemon curd (the frosting tastes wonderful without the lemon curd. However, it tastes even better with it!)
1. Mix butter, sugar and salt on medium speed until creamy. About 3-5 minutes
2. Add extracts and beat on high 2-3 minutes.
3. Add 2 Tablespoons milk and beat until creamy.
4. Add lemon curd and beat until blended.
I couldn’t resist and had to have one tonight. I think Chris and everyone at work will enjoy these simple and delicious cupcakes. Happy Birthday Chris!!