It’s Sunday! This week Eric made the cupcake choice. I think this is the best one so far. We will see if the crew agrees or not. Very simple and incredibly delicious!!
Jelly Doughnut Cupcake
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. With electric mixer or in stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons extract.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup milk. When all blended mix on medium high speed until just combined.
6. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops spring back, 20- minutes. Check at the halfway point. Depending on your oven they may bake quicker.
7. Transfer to a rack and let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
When the cupcakes are cool you can fill with jam. You can use whatever kind of jam you like. We used grape and raspberry jams. You will need to fill a pastry bag 1/2 full with your jam choice. You will need large tip. Insert tip into top of cupcake and pipe in the jam. (I used a sandwich bag with a largish tip.) I put about 1/3 cup of jam in each bag. to
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons Milk
1. Mix butter, sugar and salt on medium speed until creamy. About 3-5 minutes
2. Add rest of ingredients and beat on medium high 2-3 minutes
3. Frost cupcakes. I put a 1/4 teaspoon of jam on top of each cupcake. That way we knew which was raspberry or grape filled. 🙂