So, Kent called me to watch this TV segment. It was a woman (Hungry Girl) showing a recipe he thought we would enjoy. Think about this, a meat loaf with mashed potatoes on top. Not too difficult a concept. I watched it and thought what a fabulous idea. I made the recipe per her directions. It was quite delicious. However, next time I will make some Dawn changes. They were a little dry. Maybe fresh bread crumbs versus oatmeal. Just a thought. Here is the recipe. It is so easy and fast, but I think it could be much more delish. Here goes;
Meatloaf Mashed Potato Cupcakes
2 pounds ground chuck
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1 egg white
1/2 cup oatmeal (You may want to switch that out for bread crumbs)
1/4 cup ketchup
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
6 medium red potatoes, diced
2 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons softened buter
1/2 teaspooon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon gound pepper
These mashed potatoes are DELISH!!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with a non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine all meatloaf ingredients
3. Evenly distribute meatloaf mixture in muffin tins. Bake until firm and cooked through with lightly browned edges. About 15-20 minutes. (After they were done, I removed the baked meatloaf cupcakes from the tins. I ended up soaking up the fat from the tins. – just a suggestion.) 🙂
4. While the meatloaf cupcakes are baking, make mashed potatoes.
5. When all are done, evenly top mini meatloaves with mashed potatoes.
6. Set oven to broil. Put back in oven and let top of mashed potatoes get golden brown. About 3-5 minutes. Makes 6 servings, 2 cupcakes per serving.
This is a great recipe. ( However, I will make some changes next time. When I do I will update the recipe.) For now it is Simple and Delicious. Give it a try!!