I have been making these burgers forever! I made them this evening along with fried Hoffman Hot Dogs (or German Brand Franks), Hinerwadels Salt Potatoes (a Syracuse treasure) and home made brownies. Had some watermelon and oranges for fruit. That was the healthy part of this meal. 😉 I wanted to make something easy for dinner because I had a very long week in Syracuse. Kent and I drove 14 hours back to Green Bay yesterday. Today I wanted to have a simple and delicious meal. Here is the recipe for those awesome burgers!
Santa Fe Burgers
1 pound ground beef
1 cup Mexican blend grated cheese
1/4 cup salsa of choice
1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips (I used unsalted blue corn chips)
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, cheese, salsa, crushed tortilla chips, scallions and spices.
2. Mix together lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
3. Grill or fry in heavy frying pan. (I fried in frying pan. I sprayed pan with cooking spray.)
4. Grill/fry 5 minutes each side.
5. Grill or lightly toast hamburger buns in frying pan or broiler. Place burgers on buns, top with cheese and salsa and serve. These burgers are super simple and very delicious!!