Here is a simple and delicious dip. Martin requested it this weekend. Another Bulgarian treat.
2 Globe Eggplants, roasted
3 medium tomatoes, roasted
4 red bell peppers (you could do 2 green and 2 red. Next time I will do that.), roasted
4-6 clove of garlics, minced (I used 6 – you could roast the garlic, too)
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut deeps slits in flesh. Bake in oven 400 degrees for up to an hour. When you can put knife through flesh easily, put under broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown flesh.
- Roast tomatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Put under broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown lightly.
- Roast peppers in oven or over stove. I roasted over burner on stove. You could also roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes and put under broiler 3-5 minutes.
- When all veggies are roasted. Chop the tomatoes and roasted peppers. Take flesh out of eggplant and chop also. Mince the garlic cloves. Place all chopped vegetables in large bowl.
- Add oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours. The longer you let it set, the better it will be.
- Serve with your favorite bread or crackers. Toasting the bread is a great way it too!
Enjoy this flavorful Bulgarian dip. Let me know what you think! Ciao!!