You say, “why would she post how to roast a chicken?”. Well, I found a great recipe that gives you a flavorful and moist roasted chicken in an hour. This is Thomas Keller’s recipe. I don’t truss my chicken because I am lazy. But, I do roast it. Here you go;
4-5 pound whole chicken
1 Tablespoon kosher salt (you may use less depending on size of chicken)
1 sprig rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Rinse off chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Be sure the chicken is dry. This will give you a crispy skin.
- When dry, stuff cavity with rosemary and thyme sprigs. Generously salt the skin of the chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan or large skillet. (I use a skillet)
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. (Be sure to check the temperature of your chicken. Should be 165 degrees.)
That is it. Perfect chicken every time. Told you it was easy. Next time I will post a picture for you. Just trust me on this one!!