Thanksgiving 2015. We enjoyed this so much last year I thought I would add to our menu this year. You should give it a try! Simple and Delicious!!
Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries (I used fresh)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 Tablespoons of fresh juice from an orange
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon orange extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray and lightly flour.
2. In large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. (I used my stand up mixer)
3. Add vanilla and orange peel. Blend well.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. In medium bowl, mix 3 cups flour, the baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Gently stir in cranberries. Pour and spread batter into pan.
6. Bake 60-75 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. (It took 75 minutes for this cake in my oven.) Let cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan.
7. For the glaze; In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, butter and extract – whisk until smooth. Drizzle over bundt cake. ENJOY!!