I am on a bundt cake roll this Holiday Season. I was going to bake my Italian lemon cookies tonight but I am too lazy. Why not a lemon bundt cake?
Lemon Bundt Cake
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I used 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice)
1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and flour your bundt pan
2. In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts. (I use my stand up mixer.)
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternating with milk. Stir in lemon zest.
4. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack. Invert onto a plate. Cool 10 minutes longer and drizzle with glaze. (I put parchmant paper under the cake before drizzling with glaze. After I poured the glaze over the cake I removed the wax paper. No mess and that works for me!)
2 cups Confectioners Sugar
2-3 Tablespoons, juice of lemon
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
Place all ingredients in medium bowl and whisk. I always sift the confectioners sugar. I don’t like lumps in my glaze and that seems the best way to prevent that.