December 2015; Saw these on my blog last night. Thought I should make them again. Great choice! You should add this recipe to your holiday cookie list this year!!
First post March 2014; Eric saw the recipe for the German Chocolate Cake. He thought a cookie with coconut and nuts sounded enticing. I found this recipe and gave it a shot. They are quite tasty. I need to get Eric’s opinion though. Eric and Rachel will be over for pizza night tomorrow. We shall see what they think of these very “simple and delicious” cookies!
Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies
10 1/2 ounces All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup dark brown sugar (you could use light brown)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used combo of semi sweet and bitter sweet)
1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Using stand up mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients until combined.
3. Add coconut, macadamia nuts and chocolate chips. Stir together by hand.
4. Drop cookies (about 1-2 Tablespoons) onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake 15 minutes. I rotated cookie sheet half way through. This helps to make an evenly baked cookie.