For those who are unfamiliar with the term Puppy Chow it is also called Muddy Buddies. You know, the Chex cereal munchie recipes. I saw this recipe and thought of my friend, Jenni. Had to make these cookies for her. When I first tried them I thought they were tasty. However, they were even better the next day!
Puppy Chow Cookies
Ingredients for Cookie
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups flour
Ingredients for Coating
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
Directions for Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. (I used my stand up mixer) Add both sugars and mix on medium. Add egg and vanilla until all combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed.
- Roll into a ball about an inch round and place on baking sheet. Lightly flatten.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Let cool completely. (I had to omit the let cool completely step. I made before work and had to get them done!! Next time, I will let cool completely. Just sayin’!)
Directions for Coating
- In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Put powdered sugar in a bowl
- Dip both sides of cookie in chocolate. Then dip in powdered sugar to coat both sides. (Since I did not let them cool long enough I had to take a knife and frost both sides of cookie with the chocolate. Then dip in the sugar.)
- Place back on cooling rack until chocolate is set.
Got it all done in less than an hour. I would say “Simple and Delicious”. Enjoy!!