5 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk (keep the egg white. You will need it to brush on top of bread)
2 cups plain yogurt (NOT non fat)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (I use Sunflower oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour baking pan. I used my cast iron skillet. You could use a 9″ round cake pan
- In a large bowl add dry ingredients. Whisk together and make a well by pushing the flour mixture to sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, oil and yogurt in center of bowl. Mix with hands.
- After mixed together form a round, flat bread. (approx 9″ round, 2″height) Place in prepared baking pan. Brush top with egg whites.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown on top
- Take out of oven. While warm, wrap in a towel. When cooled place in plastic bag to store.