It’s Sunday. I like to make something fun for the day before Monday – that back to reality day. Today I saw a recipe for Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cupcakes. It called for Oreo’s and refrigerated chocolate chip dough. Knowing me, there is no way I will use store bought Oreo’s or refrigerated chocolate chip dough. I ended up making both for this recipe. That just makes it all the more fun, don’t you think?! These cupcakes were Simple and Delicious. Here goes;
Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (or make your own)
2/3 cup chocolate sandwich cookies (or make your own)
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- With electric mixer or in stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
- Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons extract.
- Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup milk. Beat on medium high speed until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups
- Roll 2/3 cup chocolate chip cookie dough into 12 small balls. Top each cupcake with a cookie dough ball before baking.
- Bake until he tops spring back, 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Make frosting for vanilla cupcakes. Beat in 2/3 cup broken chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Frost the cupcakes and top with more broken sandwich cookies.
That is it. Simple and Delicous.