Thursday night. Time to spend some time in the kitchen. Cupcakes sounded like a plan. How about Mini Mocha Cupcakes? Why not. Who doesn’t love coffee and chocolate?
Mini Mocha Cupcakes
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup espresso, cooled
Preheat oven 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. With electric mixer or in stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons extract.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup milk with 1/4 cup espresso. When all blended mix on medium high speed until just combined.
6. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops spring back, 15 minutes. 7. Transfer to a rack and let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
1 stick softened butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
2 Tablespoons cocoa
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
Combine all ingredients in food processor and mix until smooth. Voila, frosting!!
Frost the cupcakes and ENJOY!