I follow King Arthur Flour and saw this recipe. I am on a cupcake/muffin kick so I thought I would give them a try. Very easy to make. Very delicious to eat.
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven 425 degrees. Lightly grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugars.
- Add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Using wooden spoon or spatula, stir in baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Stir flour into the mixture alternately with the milk until all is combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups,filling until nearly full.
- Bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes or until they are a pale golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool a few minutes. While they are cooling melt the butter for the topping. I did that in the microwave.
- Brush the tops of the muffins with the melted butter. Dip and roll the tops of the muffins in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm, or cool and wrap airtight. Store for a day or two at room temperature.