Martin suggested making something with cream cheese and raspberries. Sounded like a great combo to me.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
8 oz cream cheese (I do not use low fat, you can if you want)
1/2 cup butter,softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (I used fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add sugar, beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites and egg, beat well. (I used my stand up mixer)
- On low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently fold in raspberries. (If you want to add some nuts you could do that too.)
- Place 24 cupcake liners in muffin/cupcake pan. Spoon in batter evenly into liners. (I use an ice cream scooper. My scooper is one we used when we were kids. It reminds me of when my mom used it to make me an ice cream cone when I was little. Nice memory to have every time I bake cupcakes. It is also the perfect size for filling cupcakes or muffins.)
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes than take muffins out of tin. Cool on wire rack.
That’s it. Enjoy!!