I baked these cupcakes a year ago for Rachel. I baked them today as Paige chose these for her birthday. I don’t know why I don’t make these more often. They are awesome! Happy Birthday Paige!!
Cherry Almond Cupcakes
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped Maraschino cherries
Preheat oven 350 degrees and line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. With electric mixer or stand up mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy. About 1 minute.
3. Add sugar and beat until creamy, about 4 more minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then 2 teaspoons vanilla.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three batches on low speed, alternating with 1/2 cup milk. When all blended mix on medium high speed until just combined.
6. Fold cherries into batter and mix.
7. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops spring back, 20-25 minutes . Transfer to a rack and let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove the cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
Cherry Almond Frosting
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 Tablespoons Maraschino cherry juice
1 drop pink food coloring (Paige likes pink. I do too!!)
1. Mix butter, sugar and salt on medium speed until creamy. About 3-5 minutes
2. Add rest of ingredients and beat on high 2-3 minutes
Simple AND Delicious. YUM!!