This recipe is from a Betty Crocker cookbook I have had forever. I have baked this bread for as long as I have been with my husband and that is 34 years. Timeless, huh!! Our whole family enjoys this recipe. Quick to make and enjoy with with a cup of coffee, tea or whatever beverage you desire.
As always, Simple and Delicious!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3-4 medium mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup water
1/2/3 cup all purpose unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts (we don’t usually use nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of loaf pan. I use a 9x5x3 inch pan. I also mix this recipe by hand. It just seems better that way.
2. Mix sugar and butter in large bowl.
3. Stir in eggs until well blended.
4. Add bananas and water and mix together.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients until moistened. (If you like nuts, add now)
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
7. Loosen sides of loaf pan and remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.