Fall is in the air. Baked this simple and delicious cobbler. Everyone loved this one.
Apple Snickerdoodle Cobbler
7 cups peeled, medium sliced apples (This is about 4-5 large apples, 6-8 smaller ones. I used Macintosh this time. I also use Fuji and Honeycrisp when baking apples.)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe. I used my Cinnamon Cookie aka Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently toss fruit mixture ingredients until apple slices are coated. Pour evenly into pie plate.
- In small bowl mix granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Top the fruit mixture with cookie dough. I took about a tablespoon of dough and flattened then topped on the fruit mixture. It took 12 of the cookie doughs to cover the top. I then sprinkled the top of the cookies with cinnamon and sugar mix. (You may have leftover cookie dough. BONUS – bake those later.)
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving. Top with ice cream, whipped cream or whatever your little heart desires!
Your home will smell fabulous! ENJOY!