Found this “Simple and Delicious” recipe in April’s Food Network Magazine. They went fast!
Lemon Pistachio Macaroons
1/3 cup shelled unsalted pistachios (I did use salted)
3 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used lemon extract)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 14 ounce package sweetened shredded coconut (about 3 packed cups)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the pistachios in a food processor until finely ground but not powdery. (you could finely chop if you do not have a food processor)
- Whisk the egg whites with the sugar, lemon zest, extract and salt in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in the ground pistachios, then stir in the coconut until completely combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking pans.
- Bake, switching the pans halfway through, until the macaroons are golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes on the pans, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.